What it is.
Join us on October 29th at the brand new home of the Thurston Economic Development Council for a roundtable to discuss the hot-button topic: Local Food Procurement & Anchor Institutions. This high-caliber event will put into motion a discussion among Anchor Institutions on how to:
• Identify the obstacles to buying from local producers & sources
• Establish the benefits of buying local
• Learn about best practices from those Anchors who’ve already taken the pledge
• Define what local means to your organization
• Discuss the results of the Anchor Institution survey
Who should attend?
The decision maker and/or food buyer for:
• Education Institutions
• Medical Institutions
• Washington State Government Agencies
• Senior Service Agencies
Please note: This event is not geared toward producers or suppliers and is not open to the public.
Center for Business & Innovation
4220 6th Ave SE
Lacey, WA 98503